- 1 What are the rules of white elephant?
- 2 How do you play the elephant game?
- 3 How do you win white elephant?
- 4 How do you make white elephant fun?
- 5 How many times can you steal in white elephant?
- 6 Can you pick your own gift in white elephant?
- 7 What is the difference between white elephant and Secret Santa?
- 8 What is a good gift for white elephant?
- 9 Are white elephant gifts supposed to be used?
- 10 How long is white elephant?
- 11 How do you play the dice gift exchange game?
- 12 How do you play Yankee Swap?
- 13 What is a good $10 white elephant gift?
- 14 What is a good white elephant gift for $50?
- 15 What is a good white elephant gift for $25?
What are the rules of white elephant?
The game continues with the following rules:
- If someone steals your gift, you can steal someone else’s gift or choose and open a wrapped one.
- Continue until everyone has had a turn for a gift.
- A gift can only be “stolen” once during a turn.
- A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the player who just stole it.
How do you play the elephant game?
The first person opens a wrapped gift, and the turn ends. On subsequent turns, each person has the choice to either unwrap a new present or to steal another’s. When a person’s gift is stolen, that person can either choose another wrapped gift to open or can steal from another player.
How do you win white elephant?
Use Game Theory to ” Win ” a White Elephant Gift Exchange
- As each gift is opened, mentally assign it a value (perhaps a dollar value or a 1-to-5 ranking);
- When it’s your turn, average the value of all the opened gifts (whether or not they’re available for stealing);
- If there is a stealable gift “worth” at least as much as the average, steal it! Otherwise, open a gift.
How do you make white elephant fun?
5 Ways to Add Sparkle to Your White Elephant Party
- Pick a gift theme. One excellent way to spice things up is to have people bring gifts that fit a particular theme.
- Employ different game rules. There are roughly a zillion different ways to play White Elephant.
- Hold an ugly sweater contest.
- Rent a karaoke machine.
- Break out the Christmas games.
How many times can you steal in white elephant?
Does the game have any limits? White elephant can go on and on, so it’s best to have some sort of limits—a present can only be “stolen” three times, for example, or a person can only have something stolen from them a maximum of three times.
Can you pick your own gift in white elephant?
The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
What is the difference between white elephant and Secret Santa?
Secret Santa is when members of a group receive random assignments to give a gift to. In some cases players make a small list of ideas for what to get them. The identity of the gift giver remains anonymous until the receiver opens the gift. White Elephant has players put an unmarked wrapped gift in a designated area.
What is a good gift for white elephant?
32 White Elephant Gifts That Everyone Will Literally Be Fighting Over
- Breakfast Sandwich Maker.
- Snoop Dog Cookbook.
- Pizza Socks.
- Air Popper.
- Microwave Smores Maker.
- Smell My Nuts Candle.
- Fun Ramen Bowl.
- Master Crapsman.
Are white elephant gifts supposed to be used?
No, a White Elephant gift should be something useless laying around the house – the shabbier, the better. Before you start ransacking your basement for something to bring to the upcoming gift swap, you should pause to consider whether used items are welcome.
How long is white elephant?
Recipe: The Dice Game If you get doubles, select a white elephant gift. Go until all gifts are unwrapped. Everyone gets a turn hyping their gift like a professional infomercial pitchman. Set a timer for 20 minutes.
How do you play the dice gift exchange game?
How to Play the Game
- Roll a 1 – they switch gifts with the person on their right.
- Roll a 2 – they switch gifts with the person on their left.
- Roll a 3 or a 4 – Switch gifts with anyone in the circle AND unwrap the gift if it’s not already unwrapped.
- Roll a 5 or a 6 – Unwrap your gift.
How do you play Yankee Swap?
In Yankee Swap, each participant brings a wrapped, unmarked gift and places it in a designated area. Guests are given numbers as they arrive, or their names are randomly drawn, and they select and unwrap gifts from the pile in that order — with a twist.
What is a good $10 white elephant gift?
Be the hero of Christmas this year with the best White Elephant gifts for only $10.
- Lottery ticket (and a penny) giphy.com.
- Cool socks. Sherpa Winter Fleece Lining Knit Animal Socks: $7.99.
- Starbucks Gift card.
- Fluffy Blanket.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate.
- Two movie tickets.
- Tervis Tumbler.
What is a good white elephant gift for $50?
Win your Secret Santa and White Elephant Swaps with the Best Gifts Under $50
- All-new Echo Dot (4th Gen)
- Brussel’s Live Chinese Elm Outdoor Bonsai Tree.
- Galison Gray Malin 2-Sided Jigsaw Puzzle.
- Popcornopolis Gourmet Popcorn 1.26 Gallon Tin with Caramel.
- DASH Safe Slice Mandoline for Vegetables.
- Foot Peel Mask.
What is a good white elephant gift for $25?
45 Best White Elephant Gift Ideas For $25 Or Less
- Hidden Alcohol Flasks.
- White Elephant Mug.
- Potty Putter Toilet Time Golf Game.
- Grilled Cheese Toaster.
- Holy Mother Forking Shirtballs Adult Coloring Book.
- Spiked Seltzer Ornament.
- Always at 1% Tech Kit.
- Mimosa Bar Kit.