- 1 How do I get my TV to play sound through my home theater system?
- 2 How do I get my TV to play sound through my DVD speakers?
- 3 How do I connect my surround sound to my TV without HDMI?
- 4 How do I get sound to play through HDMI?
- 5 How do I get my Samsung TV to play sound through home theater speakers?
- 6 Why won’t my DVD player play sound?
- 7 How do I attach speakers to my TV?
- 8 How do I connect speakers to my Smart TV?
- 9 How do I connect my surround sound to my TV with HDMI?
- 10 How do you hook up speakers to a TV without a receiver?
- 11 How do I hook up my RCA surround sound to my HDMI TV?
- 12 Can external speakers be connected to a TV?
- 13 How do I connect my LG Smart TV to my home theater?
- 14 How do I connect speakers to my Samsung Smart TV?
How do I get my TV to play sound through my home theater system?
Connect a Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable, or Audio cable to the Audio Output jack on your TV. Connect the other end of the cable to the corresponding jacks on the A /V receiver or home theater system. Depending on your device, the audio input may be labeled TV INPUT or VIDEO INPUT.
How do I get my TV to play sound through my DVD speakers?
Connect the AUDIO OUT ports on your DVD player to the AUDIO IN ports on your TV with standard audio cables (red and white jacks). Connect the AUDIO OUT ports on your TV to your speakers using a standard audio cable, or a Digital Audio (Optical) cable.
How do I connect my surround sound to my TV without HDMI?
If you want to connect a soundbar to the TV without HDMI or optical, you have two options: go high-tech with a wireless connection or mid-tech with 3.5 mm aux or RCA cables. You can also use an auxiliary device to convert coaxial cables to another type of connection.
How do I get sound to play through HDMI?
Step 2: Select HDMI sound output as the default audio device
- Connect the HDMI cable to your computer and to your output device.
- In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
- Click Sound, and then click the Playback tab.
- The Sound window opens.
How do I get my Samsung TV to play sound through home theater speakers?
Take your TV’s remote control and press the HOME button. Next, select settings. On the displayed screen, select the sound menu and then choose the sound output option. After this, select the speaker list that you would want your TV to connect to.
Why won’t my DVD player play sound?
Ensure the disc is inserted into the DVD player correctly. Ensure the audio cables from the DVD player are connected properly to the television or stereo receiver. Try playing a different audio source through the television or receiver. Connect the DVD player to a different audio input on the television or receiver.
How do I attach speakers to my TV?
The steps below are an example on Android TV ™.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: Select Display & Sound — Audio output — Speakers — Audio system. Select Sound — Speakers — Audio system.
How do I connect speakers to my Smart TV?
How to connect external speakers to your TV
- Using RCA cables.
- Using 3.5mm analogue cables. If your TV doesn’t use RCA connectors for audio output, it may have a headphone out port (3.5mm port).
- Using an HDMI (ARC) cable to connect the TV to an receiver or soundbar.
- Using an HDMI cable via your receiver or soundbar through to the TV.
- Using an optical cable.
How do I connect my surround sound to my TV with HDMI?
Make sure that the TV and receiver are connected using an HDMI cable. Connect the cable to the HDMI port that is labeled ARC or the port identified in your manual that supports ARC. Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on both the TV and the receiver or home theater system.
How do you hook up speakers to a TV without a receiver?
All you need to do is connect the AUDIO OUT to the TV’s HDMI port. After that, use the amplifier’s output connection to connect it to the speaker. If you think about it, the two-channel amplifier literally acts in the same way as a receiver, so there’s not a lot of difference in terms of connection.
How do I hook up my RCA surround sound to my HDMI TV?
Connect your TV to the receiver/sub-woofer’s video-out port.
- If you’re using HDMI, connect the cable to the HDMI -In on your TV and HDMI -Out on the receiver.
- If you’re using component video, connect the component connects to the Component-In on your TV and Component-Out on your receiver.
Can external speakers be connected to a TV?
No, you cannot connect speakers directly to a TV. TVs do not provide speaker outputs that can drive speakers directly as that requires an amplifier of some sort to power them. For TVs with only an HDMI output jack, it’s still possible to connect an external set of speakers or amp.
How do I connect my LG Smart TV to my home theater?
If your TV and your audio device both support Audio Return Channel, you want to insert a high speed HDMI cable into the first HDMI port on the back of your LG TV. And the other end into an ARC HDMI port on your sound unit.
How do I connect speakers to my Samsung Smart TV?
Option 3: With Bluetooth (Good way to setup ) Once the soundbar is in pairing mode, use your TV remote to navigate to Settings, and select Sound. Next, select Sound Output, and then select Bluetooth Speaker List or Bluetooth Audio Device, depending on your TV model.