- 1 Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
- 2 What do you do if your DVD player wont play?
- 3 How do you reset a DVD player?
- 4 How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
- 5 Why does my TV say no signal when I plug in my DVD player?
- 6 How do you know if your DVD player is bad?
- 7 How can I get my DVD player to play without a remote?
- 8 What do you do when your DVD player says disc is dirty?
- 9 How does Vaseline remove scratches from CDs?
- 10 How can I fix my scratched DVD?
Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
Make sure that the disc has been inserted properly into the player. Make sure that the DVD player is connected properly to the TV. Check that the TV where the DVD player is connected to is set to the right input. Make sure the DVD region code and format of the discs are compatible with the player.
What do you do if your DVD player wont play?
My DVD Won’t Play
- Clean the Disc. Dampen a soft cloth or paper towel.
- Test the Disc and Machine. Play the disc in a different machine.
- Troubleshoot DVD & TV Connections. Unplug the cables connecting the DVD player to the television.
- Last Resorts. Buy a DVD laser lens cleaner disc.
How do you reset a DVD player?
Ensure no discs are playing in the DVD player. On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
Here are a few methods to try to fix your scratched disc at home:
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth.
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste.
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half.
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method:
- Petroleum Jelly Method:
Why does my TV say no signal when I plug in my DVD player?
Check if the cable is firmly connected to the TV and the A/V device and make sure it is not loose. Check if the input setting on the audio system (such as an amplifier or theater stand) is set to the input where the A/V device (such as a Blu-ray Disc™ player ) is connected.
How do you know if your DVD player is bad?
Listen to the machine when you insert the DVD. If you hear noises in the form of a series of clicks and creak-like sounds as the lens and laser both engages and attempt to read the disc, your lens is likely still good, only dirty or otherwise having difficulty reading the disc.
How can I get my DVD player to play without a remote?
If you can’t find your DVD player or Blu-ray player remote control, or it has stopped working, don’t despair. You can often still play media using buttons on the device itself. You can also use a universal remote or, with some models, a smart phone app to control the player.
What do you do when your DVD player says disc is dirty?
If the disc is dirty with fingerprints or smudges, or if the disc is scratched or broken, the player may not recognize the disc, clean the disc using a soft, dry cloth. Reset the player back to the factory-default specifications.
How does Vaseline remove scratches from CDs?
Simply take a cotton ball and dip it in some alcohol to clean the area near the scratch. Then apply Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly to the disc. The Vaseline will fill in the scratch, hopefully making it readable again.
How can I fix my scratched DVD?
How to Fix a Scratched DVD
- Clean the disc with a mild soap and warm water. This will remove any oils and finger marks.
- Dry the disc with a lint-free cloth.
- Squeeze toothpaste on the disc.
- Rub the toothpaste on the disc in a straight motion (not in a circular motion) from the center to the outer edges.
- Wash off the toothpaste and dry the disc.