- 1 How do you cite a play in-text MLA?
- 2 How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
- 3 How do you cite a quote from a play?
- 4 How do you cite a Theatre in MLA?
- 5 What is a MLA citation example?
- 6 How do you cite a website in MLA?
- 7 How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
- 8 How do you cite Othello in MLA format?
- 9 How do you cite Shakespeare Tempest?
- 10 How do you cite a Play title in an essay?
- 11 How do you quote dialogue from a play in an essay?
- 12 How do you quote Shakespeare in an essay?
- 13 How do you write a script in MLA format?
How do you cite a play in-text MLA?
When citing prose plays, use the page number first, followed by a semicolon and then other identifying information (e.g. Miller 9; Act 1). When citing verse plays with line numbers provided, use those instead of page numbers, separating division numbers with a period (see example above).
How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
These numbers should be used in your MLA in-text citations, separated by periods, instead of page numbers. The Works Cited entry follows the format for a book. How to cite Shakespeare in MLA.
|Format||Shakespeare, William. Play Title. Edited by Editor first name Last name, Publisher, Year.|
|In-text citation||( Shakespeare 5.2.201–204)|
How do you cite a quote from a play?
To cite a specific quotation from a play in MLA style, place the quotation in quotation marks (using slashes to indicate line breaks) and end with a parenthetical citation of author, name of play, and then page/act (for prose plays ) or act/scene/line(s) (for verse).
How do you cite a Theatre in MLA?
Citing a Live Theater Production Format: Author/Playwright. Title of Play. Directed by Director’s Name, performance by Major Performer’s Name, Theater Company, Date of Production, Name of Theater, City (if not in the theater name).
What is a MLA citation example?
MLA citing format often includes the following pieces of information, in this order: Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of Source.” Title of Container, other contributors, version, numbers, publisher, publication date, location.
How do you cite a website in MLA?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
Works Cited Example: Author Last Name, First Name. Title of Play. Editor or Translator. Publisher, Publication Date, Location.
How do you cite Othello in MLA format?
In-text citation: The Tragedy of Othello: The Moor of Venice. Ed. Tucker Brooke and Lawrence Mason. New Haven: Yale UP, 1947.
How do you cite Shakespeare Tempest?
- MLA. Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. The Tempest. Cambridge:Harvard University Press, 1958.
- APA. Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. ( 1958). The tempest. Cambridge:Harvard University Press,
- Chicago. Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. The Tempest. Cambridge:Harvard University Press, 1958.
How do you cite a Play title in an essay?
Italicize titles if the source is self-contained and independent. Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
How do you quote dialogue from a play in an essay?
- Set the quotation off from your text.
- Begin each part of the dialogue with the appropriate character’s name. Indent each name half an inch from the left margin and write it in all capital letters. Follow the name with a period and then start the quotation.
- Maintain this pattern throughout the quotation (80).
How do you quote Shakespeare in an essay?
How to Quote Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of plays. Richard III or Othello.
- Place a parenthetical reference after each quotation containing its act, scene, and line numbers separated by periods. Do not use page numbers.
- Use arabic numerals for all reference numbers.
- Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks.
How do you write a script in MLA format?
Published scripts or plays by a single author are formatted with the author first, followed by a period. Then include the title in italics, followed by a period. Then add the publication city, followed by a colon. Then include the publisher, followed by a period.