- 1 How do I get Windows Media Player to play a DVD?
- 2 Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
- 3 How do I play a DVD on my Windows 8.1 laptop?
- 4 Why can’t I play DVDs on my laptop?
- 5 How do I play a movie on my laptop?
- 6 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my DVD drive?
- 7 How do I play a DVD on my Windows 10 laptop?
- 8 How do I get Windows DVD for free?
- 9 How do I reinstall Windows Media Player on Windows 8?
- 10 What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
- 11 How do I make Windows Media Player the default player in Windows 8?
- 12 How do I play a CD on my Windows 8 computer?
- 13 How do I play a DVD on my Dell laptop Windows 8?
- 14 How do I watch a DVD on my HP laptop?
How do I get Windows Media Player to play a DVD?
To play a CD or DVD Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
Windows 8 still includes Windows Media Player, but you’re not going to find it on the Start screen or the Taskbar on the desktop. Because Windows Media Player (WMP) has been included in every version of Windows since 2000, a lot of users are highly invested in it.
How do I play a DVD on my Windows 8.1 laptop?
Just download the VLC player, install it, and pop in a DVD disc. Open the VLC application, click the Media menu, select Open Disc, and choose your DVD drive. When you put in a DVD, VLC will skip straight to the menu or the movie itself, skipping all those obnoxious piracy warnings and long trailers.
Why can’t I play DVDs on my laptop?
First, make sure that the computer’s optical drive is capable of reading DVD media. If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed.
How do I play a movie on my laptop?
How to Play a Movie on Your Laptop
- Power on the computer.
- Insert the disc into the CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- Click on the media player that you want to view the movie in (e.g., Windows Media Player or Real Player ) in the AutoPlay window. The program will open and begin playing the movie automatically.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my DVD drive?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD /CD- ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I play a DVD on my Windows 10 laptop?
Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
Windows DVD Player: Hit or miss. Windows DVD Player in Windows 10. Users who upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, or from Windows 8 with Windows Media Center, should’ve received a free copy of Windows DVD Player. Check the Windows Store, and you should be able to download it for free.
How do I reinstall Windows Media Player on Windows 8?
If you want to reinstall Windows Media Player, try the following: Click the Start button, type features, and select Turn Windows features on or off. Scroll down and expand Media Features, clear the Windows Media Player check box, and click OK. Restart your device.
What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
Hare are five free apps to get around the lack of native Windows DVD playback and let you enjoy your DVD collection.
- VLC Media Player.
- GOM Media Player.
- XBMC Media Center.
- Daum PotPlayer.
How do I make Windows Media Player the default player in Windows 8?
From the Start screen type: default programs and select it from the results. The Default Programs window will open on your desktop. From the menu click the “ Set your default programs” link. On the next screen, scroll down your list of installed programs in the left pane and select Windows Media Player.
How do I play a CD on my Windows 8 computer?
On the Start screen, type play CDs. In the Search panel, select Play CDs or Other Media Automatically. The Control Panel opens to the AutoPlay settings. Scroll to the CDs section, and on the menu next to Audio CD, choose Play Audio CD ( Windows Media Player ).
How do I play a DVD on my Dell laptop Windows 8?
Click the Microsoft flag or “Start” button in the lower left corner of the desktop if Media Player does not start, then click “All Programs,” and double-click Windows Media Player from the list. Use the up or down arrow keys or the mouse to highlight and click ” Play ” from the DVD’s menu when it appears on the screen.
How do I watch a DVD on my HP laptop?
- Open PowerDVD.
- Insert a movie disc ( DVD or Blu-Ray) into the disc drive on your computer.
- Click the Movie tab on the PowerDVD menu and click the arrow in the tab to display the drop down menu, then select the device that contains the movie disc.
- The movie loads into the computer and starts playing.