- 1 How do you cite a play in an essay?
- 2 How do you cite a play in text MLA?
- 3 How do you cite Shakespeare plays in MLA format?
- 4 How do you cite a play in APA format?
- 5 How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
- 6 How do you cite a play on Easybib?
- 7 How do you parenthetically cite a play?
- 8 How do I cite a website in my essay?
- 9 How do you do a work cited page?
- 10 How do you cite Macbeth in MLA format?
- 11 How do u cite a website?
- 12 How do you cite Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet?
- 13 How do you cite Shakespeare quotes in apa?
- 14 How do you cite Hamlet in an essay?
How do you cite a play in an essay?
To cite a specific quotation from a play in MLA style, place the quotation in quotation marks (using slashes to indicate line breaks) and end with a parenthetical citation of author, name of play, and then page/act (for prose plays ) or act/scene/line(s) (for verse).
How do you cite a play in text MLA?
When citing prose plays, use the page number first, followed by a semicolon and then other identifying information (e.g. Miller 9; Act 1). When citing verse plays with line numbers provided, use those instead of page numbers, separating division numbers with a period (see example above).
How do you cite Shakespeare plays in MLA format?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do you cite a play in APA format?
Start with the author’s name, last name first, then first initial followed by a period. Put the date of publication (or translation) in parentheses next with a period after the parentheses. Write the title of the play with no special formatting such as quotation marks or italics.
How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
Works Cited Example: Author Last Name, First Name. Title of Play. Editor or Translator. Publisher, Publication Date, Location.
How do you cite a play on Easybib?
Use the following structure to cite a published play in MLA format: Playwright last name, First name. “ Play Title.” Publication Title, edited by Editor First and Last name, Publication Year, Page numbers.
How do you parenthetically cite a play?
When citing a play with numbered lines, the MLA parenthetical citation should include the author name and the act, scene and line number(s). If the lines are not numbered, include the page number instead.
How do I cite a website in my essay?
Cite web pages in text as you would any other source, using the author and date if known. Keep in mind that the author may be an organization rather than a person. For sources with no author, use the title in place of an author. For sources with no date use n.d. (for no date) in place of the year: (Smith, n.d.).
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited ( do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do you cite Macbeth in MLA format?
General information about MLA and Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of the plays – Macbeth (for the play ), Macbeth (for the character)
- You may abbreviate the title of the play in the parenthetical citation (check with your teacher first)
- Do not use page numbers in parenthetical citation – always include (act.scene.lines)
How do u cite a website?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet?
Structure: Play author. “Play Title.” Title of book, author(s) or editor(s), publisher, year of publication, page number(s). Example: Shakespeare, William. Romeo and Juliet.
How do you cite Shakespeare quotes in apa?
- List ” Shakespeare ” as the author’s name, followed by a comma.
- List the year of translation, followed by a comma, if translated.
- List the act, scene, and lines you are citing, separated by periods.
- Enclose the entire citation within parentheses.
- Format your reference list entry in the following format: Author.
How do you cite Hamlet in an essay?
- Author’s last name, first name. Title, translated or edited by first name last name, publisher, year published, page numbers.
- Shakespeare, William. Hamlet, edited by George Richard Hibbard, Oxford UP, 2008, pp. 18-22.
- Author’s last name, first initial. (Year published). Title.
- Shakespeare, W. (1996). Hamlet.