- 1 What is play to win strategy?
- 2 What is your winning aspiration?
- 3 Where will we play strategy?
- 4 What should be true strategy?
- 5 Where can I play and win strategy?
- 6 How do you create aspiration?
- 7 What is the meaning of aspiration?
- 8 How do I start winning?
- 9 How do you cascade a strategy?
- 10 What are strategic choices in business?
What is play to win strategy?
The playing to Win playbook provides us with five choices, one framework and one process, which we can use to work on the product strategy. They define strategy as a coordinated and integrated set of five choices: a winning aspiration, where to play, how to win, core capabilities and management systems.
What is your winning aspiration?
What is your winning aspiration? “A Winning Aspiration defines the purpose of your enterprise, its guiding mission and aspiration, in strategic terms.” ~ AG Lafely & Roger Martin, Playing to Win; How Strategy Really Works. In ScaleUp’s One Page Strategic Plan, your winning aspiration is defined as your Core Purpose.
Where will we play strategy?
Where to Play is understanding the possible playing fields and choosing between them. It’s selecting regions, customers, products, channels, and stages of production that fit well together. They mutually reinforce and marry well with real consumer needs. Find a strong set of where-to- play choices.
What should be true strategy?
What Would Have to be True? To develop a good strategy the dialogue you want to foster is called assertive inquiry. It means clearly articulating your own ideas, sharing the data and reasoning behind them, while genuinely inquiring into the thoughts and reasoning of others.
Where can I play and win strategy?
The winning aspiration broadly defines the scope of the firm’s activities; where to play and how to win define the specific activities of the organization— what the firm will do, and where and how it will do this, to achieve its aspirations. Where to play represents the set of choices that narrow the competitive field.
How do you create aspiration?
The 5 aspects of creating an aspiration are:
- Define a vision for the future.
- Draft a plan of action.
- Think about how to sustain and increase motivation, inspiration, independence and confidence.
- Define and work on current levels of activity and support.
- Be open to change, learning and a transformational process.
What is the meaning of aspiration?
1a: a strong desire to achieve something high or great an aspiration to become famous —usually plural a young man with political/literary aspirations. b: an object of such desire An acting career is her aspiration. 2: a drawing of something in, out, up, or through by or as if by suction: such as.
How do I start winning?
Here you go – 9 killer tips to become a winner in life.
- Set up specific goals, you need to know where you are going.
- You need to learn to take responsibility for your actions.
- Form a winning habit.
- Don’t be afraid to fail.
- Be eager to learn every day.
- Take risks.
- Stay focused.
- Visit motivationgrid.com every day (joking)!
How do you cascade a strategy?
In order to do this successfully, there are three critical steps you need to take.
- Determine how much strategic alignment should be direct and how much should be indirect.
- Determine what to do about goals that don’t align to your strategy.
- Decide who gets to make cascading strategy decisions.
What are strategic choices in business?
Strategic choices are the specific steps a company intends to take to deploy these resources. Your strategic choices could include determining what products and services to sell, where to sell them, how to sell them and what target markets to sell them to.