- 1 How do you win the hive?
- 2 Is hive a good game?
- 3 What is the difference between Hive and Hive pocket?
- 4 What does the pill bug do in hive?
- 5 Who goes first in hive?
- 6 How do you get the best out of hive?
- 7 What is the difference between Hive and Hive Carbon?
- 8 Can you pass in hive?
- 9 How does a pill bug move?
How do you win the hive?
Tips to win Hive
- The beetle can be easily underestimated but if moved on top of your opponents queen bee, it can be a devastating piece as you can then place directly around it.
- Keep hoppers in reserve for end moves, to get into positions that are surrounded.
Is hive a good game?
The verdict is in. Hive is a great game. Easy to teach, a good amount of strategy, durable pieces, and it’s really fun to boot. Even your friends who hate bugs will love to play Hive!
What is the difference between Hive and Hive pocket?
The key difference between Hive Pocket and Hive is size. The pieces for Hive Pocket are noticeably smaller, which makes the game a lot easier to carry along as well as significantly lighter. Playing Hive Pocket is almost as easy as toting it around.
What does the pill bug do in hive?
The pillbug moves like the queen bee—one space at a time—but it also has a special ability that it may use instead of moving. This ability allows the pillbug to move an adjacent unstacked piece (whether friendly or enemy) two spaces: up onto the pillbug itself, then down into another empty space adjacent to itself.
Who goes first in hive?
The Queen Bee must be placed in one of the first four turns, and if a player’s Queen Bee has not yet been placed, that player may not move any pieces. Therefore, it is generally preferable to place the Bee before being forced to do so on the fourth turn.
How do you get the best out of hive?
Want to lower your heating bills? Here are six energy saving tips
- Service your boiler each year.
- Take control of your heating with a smart thermostat.
- Turn the heat down by one degree.
- Use smart tech to only heat the rooms you need.
- Stop heat going out the window.
- Use heat that’s already there.
What is the difference between Hive and Hive Carbon?
To be honest, Hive Carbon has more of a serious “chess-like” feel when playing whereas Hive with its colored tiles seems a bit more thematically “gamey”. For me, I like “gamey” so I keep my copy of Hive Carbon at work for quick games from time to time. If you have the money, go for the Hive colored.
Can you pass in hive?
A: No. The rules clearly say “Players then take turns to either place or move any one of their pieces”. The only time you pass is when you must pass due to having no legal move.
How does a pill bug move?
They are relatively flat with legs that extend a little bit beyond the edge of the shell, and they have powerful antennae to sense their environment. They move rather quickly and will use their long antennae and little spikelike tail projections to right themselves if they happen to roll onto their backs.