- 1 How do I watch Blu ray on my PC?
- 2 How do I play a blu ray on Windows Media Player?
- 3 Why won’t VLC play my Blu Ray?
- 4 How do I know if my PC can play Blu Ray?
- 5 Can Windows 10 play Blu Rays?
- 6 How can I watch Blu-Ray on my computer for free?
- 7 What happens if you put a Blu-Ray in a DVD player?
- 8 Do I need a Blu-Ray drive for my PC?
- 9 Can you plug a Blu-Ray player into a laptop?
- 10 Can VLC read Blu Ray?
- 11 What is the best free Blu ray Player software?
- 12 Can VLC rip Blu Ray?
- 13 Can my HP laptop play Blu-Ray?
- 14 How do I play Blu-Ray on my HP laptop Windows 10?
- 15 Can you play a DVD in a laptop?
How do I watch Blu ray on my PC?
To do this:
- Install MakeMKV as described in our original Blu – ray how-to.
- Insert your Blu – ray disc.
- Fire up MakeMKV and head to File > Open Disc and choose your Blu – ray drive.
- When it’s done, just double click on the resulting file and it will play in VLC.
How do I play a blu ray on Windows Media Player?
- Step 1: Insert a BD into drive and open up Blu – ray Ripper. Insert the BD disc you want to do the rip into the BD drive on the computer.
- Step 2: Choose a WMP readable format.
- Step 3: Convert Blu – ray to Windows Media Player playable file.
- Step 4: play ripped BluRay movies in WMP under Windows 7/ 8/ 10.
Why won’t VLC play my Blu Ray?
Errors You May Encounter When Playing Blu – ray in VLC This blu – ray disc needs a library for bd+ decoding, and your system does not have it. This blu – ray disc needs a library for aacs decoding, and your system does not have it.
How do I know if my PC can play Blu Ray?
Open the Device Manager. In the Device Manager window, click the plus (+) next to DVD/CD ROM drives to expand the selection. If the computer has an internal Blu – ray Disc optical drive, BD will be listed in the optical drive description.
Can Windows 10 play Blu Rays?
(Looking to watch Blu – ray media? Skip to the bottom. Microsoft’s player doesn’t support Blu – rays.) VideoLAN’s VLC desktop software, an open-source (read: free to use) media player that includes support for DVD media.
How can I watch Blu-Ray on my computer for free?
- MakeMKV ( Free at MakeMKV) Simple to use and will convert all your physical discs into digital files with ease.
- Leawo Blu – ray player ( Free at Leawo) Basic, but functional, if you just want to play the disc and nothing more, this is a great app to get.
- VLC ( Free at VideoLAN)
- Handbrake ( Free at Handbrake)
What happens if you put a Blu-Ray in a DVD player?
Blu – ray Disc players can play Blu – ray discs, DVDs, CDs, and some can also play other types of discs, such as SACDs and DVD -Audio Discs. However, although you can play a DVD in a Blu – ray Disc player, you can ‘t play a Blu – ray Disc in a DVD player.
Do I need a Blu-Ray drive for my PC?
Is a Blu – ray optical drive necessary for a gaming PC? Many of the higher quality PC games require that their content be downloaded from the internet, and are not copied from a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM any more. Really, the only reason to include a Blu – Ray drive on a system is to watch a Blu – Ray movie or to write a Blu – Ray disc.
Can you plug a Blu-Ray player into a laptop?
Unfortunately, a laptop can not be used as a TV. And a free-standing Blu – Ray player can not be hooked up like an External Blu – Ray drive as an input device to the Laptop.
Can VLC read Blu Ray?
Use VLC to Play Blu – ray Movies on Windows VLC supports playing Blu – ray movies on your Windows computer or laptop if you do some extra operations. Note that 2.0 or later version of VLC is a must, so please upgrade your VLC if you are using an old version.
What is the best free Blu ray Player software?
VLC Media Player (Windows/Mac) VLC Media Player is also Free Blu-ray Player Software besides playing media file. It is an open-source application that gives you the ability to play Blu-ray disk or media file from computer, or to stream it from the Web.
Can VLC rip Blu Ray?
With the help of VLC Media Player, you can copy the contents of a Blu – Ray or DVD and even an Audio CD. It’s like downloading online video but from CDs and DVDs instead. VLC will rip and extract them in a modern and popular digital format like MP3, MP4 (H. 264).
Can my HP laptop play Blu-Ray?
The computer must have movie player software that supports Blu – ray playback. Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center will not play Blu – ray movies in Windows. If your computer did not come with Blu – ray player software, you may need to install third-party software to play Blu – ray movies.
How do I play Blu-Ray on my HP laptop Windows 10?
Blu – ray player software for Windows 10
- Open VLC media player > Media > Open Disc.
- Select Blu – ray from the choice, and then browse to locate the folder which has the movie.
- Start playing Blu – ray movies on Windows with VLC.
Can you play a DVD in a laptop?
Windows-running laptops can play DVDs; however, the software and permissions necessary to make it work vary between operating system versions. The laptop needs to have access to a DVD drive to play discs; however you can rip many DVDs and play them back as media files on devices that don’t have optical drives.