- 1 How do you cite a play in-text?
- 2 How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
- 3 How do you cite lines in a story?
- 4 How do you cite a play in APA in-text?
- 5 How do you cite a Play title in an essay?
- 6 How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
- 7 How do you quote multiple lines in Shakespeare?
- 8 How do you cite Shakespeare Tempest?
- 9 How do you cite Macbeth in works cited?
- 10 How do you quote multiple lines in a poem?
- 11 How do you do an in-text citation for an online article?
- 12 What is the correct way to list the author’s name in a citation?
- 13 How do you cite the Bible in APA?
- 14 How many authors are needed to use et al?
- 15 How do you cite in a paper?
How do you cite a play in-text?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
These numbers should be used in your MLA in-text citations, separated by periods, instead of page numbers. The Works Cited entry follows the format for a book. How to cite Shakespeare in MLA.
|Format||Shakespeare, William. Play Title. Edited by Editor first name Last name, Publisher, Year.|
|In-text citation||( Shakespeare 5.2.201–204)|
How do you cite lines in a story?
Using In-text Citation MLA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the page number from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken, for example: (Smith 163). If the source does not use page numbers, do not include a number in the parenthetical citation: (Smith).
How do you cite a play in APA in-text?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in- text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, for example, (Jones, 1998), and a complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
How do you cite a Play title in an essay?
Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks. Sometimes titles will contain other titles.
How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
Works Cited Example: Author Last Name, First Name. Title of Play. Editor or Translator. Publisher, Publication Date, Location.
How do you quote multiple lines in Shakespeare?
Set verse quotations of more than three lines as block quotations: start a new line and set each line one inch in from the left margin, adding no quotation marks not appearing in the original. If the quotation starts in the middle of a line of verse, reproduce it that way, donâ€™t shift it to the left margin.
How do you cite Shakespeare Tempest?
- MLA. Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. The Tempest. Cambridge:Harvard University Press, 1958.
- APA. Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. ( 1958). The tempest. Cambridge:Harvard University Press,
- Chicago. Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. The Tempest. Cambridge:Harvard University Press, 1958.
How do you cite Macbeth in works cited?
General information about MLA and Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of the plays – Macbeth (for the play), Macbeth (for the character)
- You may abbreviate the title of the play in the parenthetical citation (check with your teacher first)
- Do not use page numbers in parenthetical citation – always include (act.scene.lines)
How do you quote multiple lines in a poem?
In quoting four or more lines, begin the quotation on a new line indented one inch from the left margin, and reproduce each line of the poem as it appears in your source, double spacing each line and indenting it one inch. Beginning and ending quotation marks as well as slashes to indicate line breaks are not needed.
How do you do an in-text citation for an online article?
Note, however, that a different format is used when citing online articles from academic journals. Citing online articles.
|Format||Author last name, First name. “Title of Article.” Website Name, Day Month Year, URL.|
|In- text citation||(Smith)|
The author’s name is always the first thing listed in a works cited entry, unless there is no author. Entries on your works cited page should be listed in alphabetical order according to the author’s last name. The first (or only) author’s name is listed as Last Name, First Name.
How do you cite the Bible in APA?
To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation. How to cite the Bible in APA Style.
|Format||Bible Version Title. (Year). Publisher. URL|
|Reference entry||English Standard Version Bible. (2001). ESV Online. https://esv.literalword.com/|
Only when a work has six or more authors should the first in-text citation consist of the first author followed by et al. With five or fewer authors, all the author surnames should be spelled out at first mention.
How do you cite in a paper?
For every in-text citation in your paper, there must be a corresponding entry in your reference list. APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).