- 1 How do you quote a play in-text MLA?
- 2 How do you quote a play in an essay?
- 3 How do you cite a Play title in MLA?
- 4 How do you quote Shakespeare plays?
- 5 How do you quote a dialogue?
- 6 What does a MLA heading look like?
- 7 How do you cite Hamlet in-text?
- 8 How do you cite a source within a paper MLA?
- 9 What is the list of citations at the end of your paper called when using MLA style?
- 10 What is a MLA citation example?
- 11 How do you cite Shakespeare in MLA format?
- 12 What is the most famous Shakespeare line?
- 13 How do you quote multiple lines in Shakespeare?
- 14 How do you quote Romeo and Juliet?
How do you quote a play in-text MLA?
When citing a play with numbered lines, the MLA parenthetical citation should include the author name and the act, scene and line number(s). If the lines are not numbered, include the page number instead.
How do you quote a play in an essay?
- Set the quotation off from your text.
- Begin each part of the dialogue with the appropriate character’s name. Indent each name half an inch from the left margin and write it in all capital letters. Follow the name with a period and then start the quotation.
- Maintain this pattern throughout the quotation (80).
How do you cite a Play title in MLA?
Italicize titles if the source is self-contained and independent. Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work.
How do you quote Shakespeare plays?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do you quote a dialogue?
4. Quoting a portion of dialogue: If you quote something a character says, use double quotation marks on the outside ends of the quotation to indicate that you are quoting a portion of the text. Use single quotation marks inside the double quotation marks to indicate that someone is speaking.
What does a MLA heading look like?
Create a header in the upper right-hand corner that includes your last name, followed by a space with a page number. Number all pages consecutively with Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin.
How do you cite Hamlet in-text?
When formatting your in- text citations, keep these points in mind:
- Italicize the title of the play.
- Do not include page numbers.
- Do not place a comma after the title of the play.
- Separate the act, scene and lines with periods.
- Enclose your citation in parentheses.
How do you cite a source within a paper MLA?
MLA in- text citation style uses the author’s last name and the page number from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken, for example: (Smith 163). If the source does not use page numbers, do not include a number in the parenthetical citation: (Smith).
What is the list of citations at the end of your paper called when using MLA style?
According to MLA style, you must have a Works Cited page at the end of your research paper. All entries in the Works Cited page must correspond to the works cited in your main text.
What is a MLA citation example?
MLA citing format often includes the following pieces of information, in this order: Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of Source.” Title of Container, other contributors, version, numbers, publisher, publication date, location.
How do you cite Shakespeare in MLA format?
Play published in a collection If you use a collection of all or several of Shakespeare’s works, but only cite one of them, you can specify which one in your Works Cited entry. Shakespeare, William. Play Title. Collection Title, edition, edited by Editor first name Last name, Publisher, Year, pp.
What is the most famous Shakespeare line?
What are Shakespeare’s Most Famous Quotes?
- ” To be, or not to be: that is the question:
- “This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
- “Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.” -Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene II.
- “Men at some time are masters of their fates:
How do you quote multiple lines in Shakespeare?
Set verse quotations of more than three lines as block quotations: start a new line and set each line one inch in from the left margin, adding no quotation marks not appearing in the original. If the quotation starts in the middle of a line of verse, reproduce it that way, donâ€™t shift it to the left margin.
How do you quote Romeo and Juliet?
Type the number of the act, scene and lines you are citing. For example, “O Romeo, Romeo, / wherefore art thou Romeo?” (Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet 2.1. 74-75). Every time you cite the play afterwards, include only the act, scene and line number.