- 1 What is the projection app on Chevy MyLink?
- 2 Can I add apps to my Chevy MyLink?
- 3 How do I update my 2018 Chevy MyLink?
- 4 What is the projection button on MyLink?
- 5 How do I get Google Maps on my Chevy MyLink?
- 6 How do I mirror my iPhone to my Chevy MyLink?
- 7 What apps are available on Chevy MyLink?
- 8 Can I upgrade my Chevy MyLink?
- 9 Does Chevy MyLink have navigation?
- 10 Can I upgrade my infotainment system?
- 11 How do I get Android Auto on my Chevy MyLink?
- 12 How do I setup my Chevy MyLink?
What is the projection app on Chevy MyLink?
PROJECTION. Chevy MyLink allows you to access your own apps safely. While using the projection widget, connect your iPhone or Android through the USB port. By doing this, your phone’s apps will be projected on the Chevy MyLink screen so you can easily access your favorite ones.
Can I add apps to my Chevy MyLink?
Adding apps to your Chevy MyLink infotainment is quick and simple. To add apps to your MyLink, simply connect to the internet through OnStar 4G LTE wireless service or another mobile hotspot and press the SHOP icon on the screen. From there you can browse a wide selection of music, news, and weather apps.
How do I update my 2018 Chevy MyLink?
Updating Chevy MyLink Auto to Allow App Access
- Press the phone button on the Chevrolet MyLink screen.
- Select “Pair Device.”
- Select “ Chevy MyLink ” from your phone’s Bluetooth menu.
- Your phone will display a message with a pin number — enter this number into the vehicle’s touchscreen.
A “ Projection ” icon on the MyLink screen is visible when a phone is not connected. It changes to indicate CarPlay or Android Auto when a compatible phone is connected via USB. Compatible apps need to be downloaded to a phone before using.
How do I get Google Maps on my Chevy MyLink?
Connect the Phone to Android USB or iPhone USB
- Select the one as compatible with your phone.
- Plug in the USB cable to your phone, and it will mirror the image the phone automatically.
- The entire phone screen menu displays on the screen as available on the phone screen.
- You can select Google Maps from the listed icons.
How do I mirror my iPhone to my Chevy MyLink?
From your iPhone choose: Settings, Bluetooth, and select Chevrolet MyLink. If a PIN is required on select devices just make sure they match. Select OK. Now you are paired by Bluetooth to the MyLink radio.
What apps are available on Chevy MyLink?
Chevy MyLink Apps
- OnStar (popular among Addison drivers)
- Apple CarPlay – integrates with your iPhone.
- AndroidAuto – integrates with your Android smartphone.
- SiriusXM Radio.
- Stitcher (for podcasts)
Can I upgrade my Chevy MyLink?
There’s no need to fuss over your car’s electronic system to get Chevy MyLink on the latest update. In fact, all you need to do to get the latest Chevrolet Mylink software update is turn on your vehicle! When a new MyLink update is available, your car will automatically fetch and install the program.
Available on select Apple and Android devices.
Can I upgrade my infotainment system?
No, you will not be able to fully upgrade your car’s aging infotainment tech to meet the standards of the latest model. However, there are many other alternatives such as the aftermarket. Most infotainment systems are only compatible with tech from the manufacturer.
How do I get Android Auto on my Chevy MyLink?
USB Connection: Connect your Android smartphone to the vehicle using the USB cable your phone’s manufacturer supplied. If Android Auto doesn’t automatically launch, on the infotainment screen, tap the PROJECTION or ANDROID AUTO icon. Follow the prompts on the screen and on your phone to start using Android Auto.
How do I setup my Chevy MyLink?
How to connect a smartphone to Chevrolet MyLink
- Push the Voice Activation button, located on the righthand side of steering wheel.
- Wait for the system to beep, and say “Pair”
- Your Chevy will search for your device, and use your device to click on your Chevy model when the option pops up on your device.