- 1 Is it hard to learn to play the fiddle?
- 2 Can I teach myself to play the fiddle?
- 3 Is there a difference between a fiddle and violin?
- 4 Is fiddle harder than guitar?
- 5 What is a good beginner fiddle?
- 6 How expensive is a fiddle?
- 7 What is the hardest instrument to play?
- 8 What do you play a fiddle with?
- 9 What key is the fiddle in?
- 10 Can you use a violin as a fiddle?
- 11 Is fiddle harder than violin?
- 12 What size violin is a fiddle?
Is it hard to learn to play the fiddle?
It is easy to learn to play the fiddle, to do so just requires you to enjoy it; if you enjoy it, it is easy, fun to do, and it does not matter how good you get, if you enjoy the learning. If you do not enjoy the process of learning, then it can be tough.
Can I teach myself to play the fiddle?
So no matter your age or prior musical experience, you can learn to play. And anyone can learn how to play the fiddle! All it takes is knowing the right things to do, at the right time.
Is there a difference between a fiddle and violin?
I usually answer, “They’re really the same instrument, just different kinds of music.” You know: violin is for classical and jazz while fiddle is for folk, country, and bluegrass. Western classical players sometimes use “ fiddle ” as an affectionate term for the violin, that intimate companion and workmate.
Is fiddle harder than guitar?
A violin is significantly harder than a guitar. The hand position alone is initially very uncomfortable, and the bow technique takes a lot of practice to master. Keep in mind there are no frets on a violin to guide you either. Also, the violin is a much smaller instrument and the finger placing is crucial.
What is a good beginner fiddle?
- Cecilio Violin for Beginner Musical Instrument Fiddle.
- Mendini By Cecilio MV500+92D Solid Wood Fiddle.
- Eastar EVA-3 4/4 Full Size Violin Matte Fiddle.
- OCDAY Natural Black Acoustic Violin Fiddle.
- AW Vif Handmade Stradivari Violin Fiddle.
- Aliyes Solid Wood Violin Fiddle.
- Forzati FZV600 4/4 Full Size Violin Fiddle.
How expensive is a fiddle?
These three fiddles all are normally priced between $100 and $200. They all come pre-strung with D’Addario Prelude strings and are made of similar tone woods. All have been selected to give you a quality instrument at a great value!
What is the hardest instrument to play?
The 5 Hardest Instruments To Learn (And Why)
- The French Horn. Learning to play the french horn is renowned for being extremely difficult but very rewarding to learn to play.
- Violin. The violin is hard to play, I know this from first hand experience.
What do you play a fiddle with?
Violin: Are Violins and Fiddles Different? The answer is a surprising “no.” A violin and a fiddle are the same four-stringed instrument, generally played with a bow, strummed, or plucked. They are identical in their physical appearance.
What key is the fiddle in?
It’s in the key of A, with two parts, and the scale uses a couple different versions of the seventh, sometimes the G# and sometimes a note in between G# and G. The old-time fiddle tune “Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss” is a popular square dance tune in the key of D.
Can you use a violin as a fiddle?
Yes. As a general rule, a violin is used for classical music and a fiddle is used for folk, country, and bluegrass. In the rock and jazz idioms, the terms are used more interchangeably.
Is fiddle harder than violin?
Violin music is often harder to play than it sounds. Fiddle music is usually easier. Violin performance takes more strength and concentration to play than fiddle music. Fiddle music is usually improvised in part.
What size violin is a fiddle?
Size 4 /4 is the biggest and size 1/32 is the smallest. All adults, regardless of their size, play using a size 4 /4 fiddle or violin.