- 1 What key is Reelin in the Years in?
- 2 Who played lead guitar on Reelin in the Years?
- 3 What is Jimmy Page’s favorite guitar solo?
- 4 Who played guitar solo on my old school?
- 5 What is the hardest Led Zeppelin song to play on guitar?
- 6 Why is Stairway to Heaven solo so good?
- 7 What is the best guitar solo of all time?
- 8 Why is Jeff Baxter called skunk?
- 9 Who played guitar on Steely Dan dont take me alive?
What key is Reelin in the Years in?
Reelin’ in the Years is written in the key of D.
Who played lead guitar on Reelin in the Years?
Elliott Randall (born 1947) is an American guitarist, best known for being a session musician with popular artists. Randall played the well-known guitar solos from Steely Dan ‘s song “Reelin’ in the Years” and Irene Cara’s song “Fame”.
What is Jimmy Page’s favorite guitar solo?
Jimmy Page on His “Stairway” Solo: “There Are Others I Prefer” Jimmy Page’s “Stairway to Heaven” guitar solo has been named the greatest guitar solo of all time by Classic Rock. The honor comes courtesy of a panel of critics, bands and readers of the magazine.
Who played guitar solo on my old school?
The original studio track features a guitar solo by Jeff Baxter.
What is the hardest Led Zeppelin song to play on guitar?
Achilles Last Stand – bunch of tricky riffs here and all sorts of stuff going on throughout the song. Heartbreaker – although the unaccompanied solo gets all the press and is very hard to mimic as it’s so loose, the 2nd solo is a diamond, fast but melodic. Song Remains the Same (especially on a 12 string!)
Why is Stairway to Heaven solo so good?
I’d say that the extended guitar solo in the live version of Stairway to Heaven in The Song Remains the Same is a reason why it can be considered one of the best, if not “the best “. The beat changes to a staccato (?) rhythm for a short time through the solo giving it a distinctive sound that the studio version lacks.
What is the best guitar solo of all time?
The 10 Best Rock Guitar Solos of All Time
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Little Wing.
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience – All Along the Watchtower.
- Van Halen – Eruption.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird.
- Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing.
- Led Zeppelin – Stairway to Heaven.
- Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train. Guitarist: Randy Rhoads.
- Cream – Crossroads.
Why is Jeff Baxter called skunk?
Baxter, who had been mistakenly locked out of the session, was outside just minding his own business–and doing his business–when someone inside opened a door, stepping into his, shall we say, line of fire. “ ‘You skunk! ‘ the [wet] one kept repeating,” according to the Creem piece. A nickname was born.
Who played guitar on Steely Dan dont take me alive?
The three standout elements of this track – from Steely Dan’s fifth album The Royal Scam – are the fluid guitar (played by Larry Carlton ), the infectious groove, and the dark lyrics, somewhat at odds with the upbeat mood of the music.