- 1 How do I get sound on my TV through HDMI?
- 2 Why is audio not working through HDMI?
- 3 How do you enable HDMI sound?
- 4 What do you do when your HDMI has no sound?
- 5 How do I get my LG TV to play sound through HDMI?
- 6 Does HDMI carry audio?
- 7 How do I enable the sound on my monitor?
- 8 Can a bad HDMI cable cause no sound?
- 9 Why is there no sound coming from my monitor?
- 10 How do I unmute HDMI?
- 11 Why is there no sound when playing DVD?
- 12 Why is sound not working on TV?
How do I get sound on my TV through HDMI?
Option 1: HDMI connection using the ARC feature
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI ports labeled ARC or the port identified in your manual that supports ARC.
- On your TV menu, set Speakers to Audio system.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on your TV, and the A/V receiver or home theater system.
Why is audio not working through HDMI?
Make sure the volume is turned up. You also may need to go into the set-top box menu and select HDMI in the Audio Settings or Audio Coding section to pass the audio to the TV. Earlier versions of set-top box firmware didn’t properly handle automatic HDMI connections.
How do you enable HDMI sound?
- Right-click the volume icon in the system tray.
- Click “Playback Devices”
- Find your HDMI Output device, and either right-click it and select Enable, or open Properties and set “Device Usage” to “Use this device ( Enable )”
What do you do when your HDMI has no sound?
If there is still no sound, perform a power reset on the TV. If there is still no sound after power resetting the TV, replace the HDMI cable. Perform a factory reset.
How do I get my LG TV to play sound through HDMI?
To access the Sound Out setting:
- Open the Settings menu either by using the button on your remote, or if your remote doesn’t have a Settings button, press the Home/Smart button, then click the Settings icon.
- Navigate to the Audio/ Sound menu.
- Choose Sound Out, then select TV Speakers.
Does HDMI carry audio?
Audio Quality: HDMI is renowned for its video quality, but it also can carry audio without the need for multiple cables. HDMI supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD for 7.1-channel sound for loss-less, theatre-quality audio. HDMI 1.4 also supports audio return channel, which sends sound from your TV tuner to your receiver.
How do I enable the sound on my monitor?
How to Enable Monitor Speakers
- Connect your computer to your monitor.
- Connect your monitor to power and turn it and your computer on.
- Right-click the audio icon in the system tray area of the Windows taskbar and select “Playback devices.” If you connected your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort, click the name of your monitor in the list of devices.
Can a bad HDMI cable cause no sound?
Common problems that may be signs or symptoms of a bad HDMI cable include: “Shooting stars” or sparkling in the picture. No picture or intermittent picture. No sound or intermittent sound.
Why is there no sound coming from my monitor?
If the monitor’s speakers are not working, it’s usually due to incorrectly configured settings or cables. There are a few things you can do to solve this issue, like checking your connections, adjusting the volume, performing a sound test, or playing sound using a device other than your monitor.
How do I unmute HDMI?
- Right-click the Volume icon by the time in the lower-right corner.
- Click Playback Devices, the Sound window opens.
- On the Playback tab, click Digital Output Device ( HDMI ) if it is listed. If it is not listed, click on HDMI Output. Device ( HDMI ) selection.
- Click Set Default and choose Apply.
Why is there no sound when playing DVD?
Ensure the disc is inserted into the DVD player correctly. Ensure the audio cables from the DVD player are connected properly to the television or stereo receiver. Try playing a different audio source through the television or receiver. Connect the DVD player to a different audio input on the television or receiver.
Why is sound not working on TV?
The TV is not muted. Under Audio or Audio Settings on the on-screen menu, TV Speakers is set to On. All of the cables physically connected to the TV and the input devices are secure. Switch to a different input device and verify there is sound from the TV speakers (for example, a DVD player or a gaming console).