- 1 How do I get Windows Media Player to play a DVD?
- 2 How can I play a DVD on Windows 8.1 for free?
- 3 Why is my DVD not playing on Windows Media Player?
- 4 How do I play a DVD on my laptop with Windows 8?
- 5 Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
- 6 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my DVD drive?
- 7 What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
- 8 Can VLC play DVDs?
- 9 Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
- 10 How do you fix a DVD player that won’t play?
- 11 How do I get Windows DVD for free?
- 12 Why won’t my DVD play on my HP laptop?
- 13 How do I play a CD on my Windows 8 computer?
- 14 Can you play a DVD on a computer?
- 15 Can I play a DVD on my laptop?
How do I get Windows Media Player to play a DVD?
To play a CD or DVD Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
How can I play a DVD on Windows 8.1 for free?
How to watch DVDs in Windows 8
- Windows Media Center. It’s the omission of Windows Media Center that removed Windows 8’s ability to natively play DVD video.
- VLC Media Player. VLC has been around for over a decade and is one of the most popular media players available — free or otherwise.
- GOM Media Player.
- MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema)
Why is my DVD not playing on Windows Media Player?
If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed. However, the VLC Player program, available free of charge, will enable you to play DVDs or any type of video file.
How do I play a DVD on my laptop with Windows 8?
But although Windows Media Player can no longer play DVDs, Windows 8 can still play DVDs with any of these solutions:
- Pay extra to buy either the Windows 8 Media Center Pack or the Windows 8 Pro Pack.
- Use the third-party DVD players provided by your computer manufacturer.
- Download the free VLC media player.
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my DVD drive?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD /CD- ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
Hare are five free apps to get around the lack of native Windows DVD playback and let you enjoy your DVD collection.
- VLC Media Player.
- GOM Media Player.
- XBMC Media Center.
- Daum PotPlayer.
Can VLC play DVDs?
The VLC Player not only plays movies from the Internet, but also a movie stored on a DVD disc. You can even view a DVD disc using the player and you don’t have to load any additional drivers.
Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
Windows 8 still includes Windows Media Player, but you’re not going to find it on the Start screen or the Taskbar on the desktop. Because Windows Media Player (WMP) has been included in every version of Windows since 2000, a lot of users are highly invested in it.
How do you fix a DVD player that won’t play?
How to Fix DVD Won’t Play – 7 Solutions
- Solution 1: Check if the DVD type is incompatible with DVD player.
- Solution 2: Clean the dirty DVD or try a different disc.
- Solution 3: Ensure solid connection between DVD player and TV.
- Solution 4: Install Third Party DVD Player Software.
- Solution 5: Update DVD Firmware.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
Windows DVD Player: Hit or miss. Windows DVD Player in Windows 10. Users who upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, or from Windows 8 with Windows Media Center, should’ve received a free copy of Windows DVD Player. Check the Windows Store, and you should be able to download it for free.
Why won’t my DVD play on my HP laptop?
Blu-ray or DVD movie discs do not play: Make sure the drive supports the disc type. If supported, install compatible movie playback software. Go to DVD playback options for Windows (in English) for more information. Discs burned on a different computer do not play: Burn the disc again using another brand of blank disc.
How do I play a CD on my Windows 8 computer?
On the Start screen, type play CDs. In the Search panel, select Play CDs or Other Media Automatically. The Control Panel opens to the AutoPlay settings. Scroll to the CDs section, and on the menu next to Audio CD, choose Play Audio CD ( Windows Media Player ).
Can you play a DVD on a computer?
Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it does not play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane. Read more Play a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player.
Can I play a DVD on my laptop?
Windows-running laptops can play DVDs; however, the software and permissions necessary to make it work vary between operating system versions. The laptop needs to have access to a DVD drive to play discs; however you can rip many DVDs and play them back as media files on devices that don’t have optical drives.