- 1 How do you cite a play in MLA?
- 2 How do you cite Shakespeare in-text MLA?
- 3 How do you in-text cite a drama?
- 4 What is a MLA citation example?
- 5 How do you cite a website in MLA?
- 6 How do you cite Othello in MLA format?
- 7 How do you cite Romeo and Juliet in MLA format?
- 8 How do you cite Shakespeare Tempest?
- 9 How do you cite OED in-text?
- 10 How do you cite a Play title in an essay?
- 11 How do you cite a quote from a person?
- 12 How do you cite an online article in-text MLA?
- 13 What does MLA format heading look like?
- 14 How do you write a citation example?
How do you cite a play in MLA?
Revised on January 22, 2021. When citing a play with numbered lines, the MLA parenthetical citation should include the author name and the act, scene and line number(s). Book.
|Format||Author surname, Author first name. Play Title. Publisher, year of publication.|
|Example||Friel, Brian. Translations. Faber & Faber, 1981.|
How do you cite Shakespeare in-text MLA?
When formatting your in- text citations, keep these points in mind:
- Italicize the title of the play.
- Do not include page numbers.
- Do not place a comma after the title of the play.
- Separate the act, scene and lines with periods.
- Enclose your citation in parentheses.
How do you in-text cite a drama?
MLA Style Guide — DRAMA
- Use the full title at its first mention in your text, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. E.g. “In All’s Well That Ends Well (AWW), Shakepeare”
- Any subsequent references to the title may be abbreviated.
- See the MLA Handbook, sections 7.7 & 7.7. 2 for more information.
What is a MLA citation example?
MLA citing format often includes the following pieces of information, in this order: Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of Source.” Title of Container, other contributors, version, numbers, publisher, publication date, location.
How do you cite a website in MLA?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite Othello in MLA format?
In-text citation: The Tragedy of Othello: The Moor of Venice. Ed. Tucker Brooke and Lawrence Mason. New Haven: Yale UP, 1947.
How do you cite Romeo and Juliet in MLA format?
List the title of the play.
- Separate Book Example: Shakespeare, William. Romeo and Juliet.
- Anthology Example: Shakespeare, William. ” Romeo and Juliet.”
How do you cite Shakespeare Tempest?
- MLA. Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. The Tempest. Cambridge:Harvard University Press, 1958.
- APA. Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. ( 1958). The tempest. Cambridge:Harvard University Press,
- Chicago. Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. The Tempest. Cambridge:Harvard University Press, 1958.
How do you cite OED in-text?
Accessed 6 July 2017. In- Text citation: ” Text of quotation” (“Shoot, n1”). * The date of access is optional; however, it is commonly used. When using optional elements, refer to your assignment or course guidelines or preferences expressed by your professor.
How do you cite a Play title in an essay?
Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks. Sometimes titles will contain other titles.
How do you cite a quote from a person?
When citing a direct quote by someone who is not the author of the source, you should introduce the person in your writing, use double quotation marks for the quote, rather than the usual single quotation marks for direct quotes by the author of the source, and add the page number within the bracketed citation, or, for
How do you cite an online article in-text MLA?
The format for citing an article from an online newspaper, magazine, or blog is the same as a general web page citation. Citing online articles.
|Format||Author last name, First name. “Title of Article.” Website Name, Day Month Year, URL.|
|In- text citation||(Smith)|
What does MLA format heading look like?
Create a header in the upper right-hand corner that includes your last name, followed by a space with a page number. Number all pages consecutively with Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), one-half inch from the top and flush with the right margin.
How do you write a citation example?
For every in-text citation in your paper, there must be a corresponding entry in your reference list. APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).