- 1 How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
- 2 How do you cite a Shakespeare play in APA?
- 3 How do you cite a play in-text MLA?
- 4 How do you cite a works cited page?
- 5 How do u cite a website?
- 6 How do you cite a play in APA in-text?
- 7 How do you cite Shakespeare quotes in apa?
- 8 How do you reference a play?
- 9 How do you in text cite Shakespeare?
- 10 How do I cite a website in my essay?
- 11 How do you cite a Play title in an essay?
- 12 What is the difference between works cited and references?
- 13 How do you cite Macbeth in works cited?
- 14 What are the examples of citation?
How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
These numbers should be used in your MLA in-text citations, separated by periods, instead of page numbers. The Works Cited entry follows the format for a book. How to cite Shakespeare in MLA.
|Format||Shakespeare, William. Play Title. Edited by Editor first name Last name, Publisher, Year.|
|In-text citation||( Shakespeare 5.2.201–204)|
How do you cite a Shakespeare play in APA?
Citing Shakespeare in APA format (as a performance) Playwright Last Name, First Initial (Writer), & Director Last Name, First Initial (Director). (Date Seen). Performance title. Live performance at Theater Name, City, State.
How do you cite a play in-text MLA?
When citing prose plays, use the page number first, followed by a semicolon and then other identifying information (e.g. Miller 9; Act 1). When citing verse plays with line numbers provided, use those instead of page numbers, separating division numbers with a period (see example above).
How do you cite a works cited page?
When citing a play with numbered lines, the MLA parenthetical citation should include the author name and the act, scene and line number(s). Book.
|Format||Author surname, Author first name. Play Title. Publisher, year of publication.|
|Example||Friel, Brian. Translations. Faber & Faber, 1981.|
How do u cite a website?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite a play in APA in-text?
Start with the author’s name, last name first, then first initial followed by a period. Put the date of publication (or translation) in parentheses next with a period after the parentheses. Write the title of the play with no special formatting such as quotation marks or italics.
How do you cite Shakespeare quotes in apa?
To cite Shakespeare in APA referencing, you need to include: The author’s surname. The date of publication/translation into modern English. The act, scene, and line numbers for the section quoted or paraphrased. Share this article:
- Link to facebook.
- Link to linkedin.
- Link to twitter.
How do you reference a play?
Lines in a Play
- Author (surname followed by initials).
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title (in italics).
- Edition information.
- Place of publication: publisher.
- Act. Scene: line.
How do you in text cite Shakespeare?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do I cite a website in my essay?
Cite web pages in text as you would any other source, using the author and date if known. Keep in mind that the author may be an organization rather than a person. For sources with no author, use the title in place of an author. For sources with no date use n.d. (for no date) in place of the year: (Smith, n.d.).
How do you cite a Play title in an essay?
Italicize titles if the source is self-contained and independent. Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
What is the difference between works cited and references?
Works Cited is generally used when citing sources using MLA (Modern Language Association) style, while the title References is used when citing sources using APA (American Psychological Association) style. In Works Cited you only list items you have actually referred to and cited in your paper.
How do you cite Macbeth in works cited?
General information about MLA and Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of the plays – Macbeth (for the play), Macbeth (for the character)
- You may abbreviate the title of the play in the parenthetical citation (check with your teacher first)
- Do not use page numbers in parenthetical citation – always include (act.scene.lines)
What are the examples of citation?
Example Citations: Articles
- AuthorLastName, AuthorFirstName. “Article Title.” Journal Title, Version, Number, Publication Date, Page Numbers.
- L’Ambrosch, Zampoun and Teodolinda Roncaglia.
- Newspaper Article from an Online Database.
- Newspaper Article from Web or Print Source.