- 1 How do you cite a play in-text MLA?
- 2 How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
- 3 How do you cite a Theatre in MLA?
- 4 How do you cite a quote from a play?
- 5 What is a MLA citation example?
- 6 How do you cite a website in MLA?
- 7 How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
- 8 How do you cite Othello in MLA format?
- 9 How do you cite Romeo and Juliet in MLA format?
- 10 Are Play titles italicized?
- 11 How do you write a script in MLA format?
- 12 How do you cite a quote from a YouTube video in MLA?
- 13 How do you quote Shakespeare in an essay?
- 14 How do you cite quotes in an essay?
- 15 How do you quote dialogue from a play in an essay?
How do you cite a play in-text MLA?
When citing prose plays, use the page number first, followed by a semicolon and then other identifying information (e.g. Miller 9; Act 1). When citing verse plays with line numbers provided, use those instead of page numbers, separating division numbers with a period (see example above).
How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
These numbers should be used in your MLA in-text citations, separated by periods, instead of page numbers. The Works Cited entry follows the format for a book. How to cite Shakespeare in MLA.
|Format||Shakespeare, William. Play Title. Edited by Editor first name Last name, Publisher, Year.|
|In-text citation||( Shakespeare 5.2.201–204)|
How do you cite a Theatre in MLA?
Citing a Live Theater Production Format: Author/Playwright. Title of Play. Directed by Director’s Name, performance by Major Performer’s Name, Theater Company, Date of Production, Name of Theater, City (if not in the theater name).
How do you cite a quote from a play?
To cite a specific quotation from a play in MLA style, place the quotation in quotation marks (using slashes to indicate line breaks) and end with a parenthetical citation of author, name of play, and then page/act (for prose plays ) or act/scene/line(s) (for verse).
What is a MLA citation example?
MLA citing format often includes the following pieces of information, in this order: Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of Source.” Title of Container, other contributors, version, numbers, publisher, publication date, location.
How do you cite a website in MLA?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite Shakespeare works cited?
Works Cited Example: Author Last Name, First Name. Title of Play. Editor or Translator. Publisher, Publication Date, Location.
How do you cite Othello in MLA format?
In-text citation: The Tragedy of Othello: The Moor of Venice. Ed. Tucker Brooke and Lawrence Mason. New Haven: Yale UP, 1947.
How do you cite Romeo and Juliet in MLA format?
List the title of the play.
- Separate Book Example: Shakespeare, William. Romeo and Juliet.
- Anthology Example: Shakespeare, William. ” Romeo and Juliet.”
Are Play titles italicized?
Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
How do you write a script in MLA format?
Published scripts or plays by a single author are formatted with the author first, followed by a period. Then include the title in italics, followed by a period. Then add the publication city, followed by a colon. Then include the publisher, followed by a period.
How do you cite a quote from a YouTube video in MLA?
The general format for citing online videos in MLA style is as follows: “Title of video.” YouTube, uploaded by Screen Name, day month year, www. youtube.com/xxxxx. If the author of the video is not the same as the person who uploaded the video, your citation would be formatted as follows: Author last name, First Name.
How do you quote Shakespeare in an essay?
How to Quote Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of plays. Richard III or Othello.
- Place a parenthetical reference after each quotation containing its act, scene, and line numbers separated by periods. Do not use page numbers.
- Use arabic numerals for all reference numbers.
- Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks.
How do you cite quotes in an essay?
In-text citations include the last name of the author followed by a page number enclosed in parentheses. “Here’s a direct quote ” (Smith 8). If the author’s name is not given, then use the first word or words of the title. Follow the same formatting that was used in the works cited list, such as quotation marks.
How do you quote dialogue from a play in an essay?
When quoting dialogue from a play, begin each part with the appropriate character’s name indented 1-inch from the left margin and written in all capital letters followed by a period. Then, start the quotation and indent all subsequent lines an additional ¼ inch.